Beautiful words of encouragement from my home corps in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
The grueling task of sorting and packing continues. It has amazed me, over and over, just how much I have accumulated over the past four-and-a-half years. That being said, there is something freeing about being able to simplify and to pair down.
As I was sorting through some papers and bric-brac, I came across more cards from precious folk and prayer supporters. The card pictured above is a card that was given to me by the staff of The Salvation Army Charlottetown Community Church, my home corps where I soldiered, and also where I served as Community Ministries Coordinator, prior to moving to Oklahoma.
As I read the sweet notes from sweet friends and co-workers, my mind was flooded with the memories of those last days spent with my friends and family, before I packed my life into three suitcases, bound for Oklahoma. And in that moment, I noticed the similarity between how I felt the day I received that card, and how I am feeling now, as I prepare to move back home to Canada. I felt many of the same emotions I'm feeling now. See, it was a difficult decision to pack up my life to move to Oklahoma, four-and-a-half years ago. I was incredibly excited to embark on this new adventure; but I was also nervous, a bit anxious, and sad to leave my family and dear friends behind. I was moving to another country, to a state with which I had little familiarity. I was unsure of what was to come, only knowing to put one foot in front of the other.
But I bravely took a step of faith that could only be orchestrated by my Heavenly Father. That step resulted in a four-year adventure. That step resulted in a story of joy, tears, growth and victory, where I became part of a much larger Family of God. That step resulted in the building of beautiful friendships with so many different people. That step resulted in my coming face-to-face with personal and spiritual challenges that I was running away from, previously. That step brought me to where I am, now: walking in victory, taking steps of obedience in accordance with my Father's will for my life, and growing more and more into the woman He created me to be. That step brought forth a testimony that boasts the faithfulness and the goodness of God.
I remember many of the feelings I felt the day I received that card from my precious corps family. In a few short weeks, I will be receiving cards and well-wishes from people who have impacted my life in incredible ways, since I moved to Oklahoma four-and-a-half years ago...and I'm sure I'll be feeling many of those same feelings, much like I am feeling, today. But I am also holding close to my heart, this day, the feeling of victory, and the promise that my Abba is faithful, and He is good, and He is orchestrating my steps toward my home and native land, just as He orchestrated my steps to move here to Oklahoma. Through tears and uncertainty, through joy and laughter, in these last days with my sweet Okie friends and family, I will hold fast to my Father's hand, knowing that He is with me.
Blessings.

